Monday 21 December 2009

I'm not going out in that!

Ok ok, so wind, rain or even wind and rain I can do. But I'm not going out in this weather!

Actually, that's a lie. I cycled my usual route to work last Friday and frankly wouldn't have made it by car! I got as far as the usual Park and Ride where I leave the car, jumped onto my bike and was able to scoot past the cars that were increasingly struggling in the slippy conditions. In a childlike way it was rather fun!

The weather has meant though that I didn't get out for a 45 miler as planned on Sunday, so last week's 40 miler (Dec 13th) was the last decent ride I had.

Add to that the fact that it is now officially mince pie season and I'm afraid that it's not been a particularly athletic last week or so! I am consoling myself with the fact that it is still 6 months to go and so plenty of time to catch up.

Nigel's Training Lore #1.
Routes well known to you by car are further or hillier when observed from the vantage point of a bike

Safe travels!

No comments: