Thursday 11 March 2010

The Rule of Threes Returns

I'm a scientist, and a rational thinker. Homeopathy, acupuncture, the occult. All rubbish. But clearly there are some things that we just cannot explain. As Chappers wrote in her blog a week or so ago, things often happen in threes - with her getting three punctures in the space a of a few days. Doo then got to two punctures in a week. Last weekend, I repaired a puncture, and today, I had two on the way to work! So clearly the cycling Gods prefer punctures to come along in threes*! Good luck with that third puncture Doo!

Fortunately I was riding with my friend Tim this morning who was able to lend me a spare inner tube, otherwise I'd still be walking to work (thanks Tim!).

Nigel's Training Lore #7.
Your bike has two tyres, so taking two spare inner tubes with you makes a lot of sense!

*Ok, in reality my commuting bike had a small sharp stone in the tyre and I went down a pot hole giving me two punctures this morning so there is an explanation, but don't let that get in the way of a good story :o)

No comments: