Sunday 7 March 2010

Weekly Update

The sun has been shining all week! Still a bit chilly but what a difference it makes to have sun instead of sleet, ice, snow, rain, wind and everything else that seems to have been thrown at me since I started training!

For one of my mid-week rides I did my first ride from home to work this week as the daylight is just about enough (19 miles), and got the train back (6 miles to and from stations) which made a change and was enjoyable, and then did 67 miles today. In the end I didn't do the Audax as other things came up, but did a similar distance which was great. Instead I went up through Newmarket, Ely and Cambridge, so admittedly flat but hey, it all counts!



Ely Cathedral and blue sky!

Also pleasing to see that the sponsorship money is edging up, with nearly another £200 or so into the pot this week - with thanks to Eleanor for baking and hosting a coffee morning to help the funds. It would be great if this week sees the total smash through £1000.

And if that's not enough good news for the week, I have two very exciting preemie-linked blog posts planned over the next few weeks - watch this space!

No comments: