Sunday 25 April 2010

Training Update

It's been a while since I posted an update, but fortunately I have continued to grind out the miles throughout that time. Two weeks ago I made it down to Maldon and back (86 miles) which was nice going out but a real slog coming back. I made the mistake of a long stretch along the A414. Not the prettiest, quietest, flattest or pot-hole-less-est road in Britain! Still, Maldon was a nice destination...

Essex Sunrise...

Artistic shot of Maldon :o)

That was followed by a 97 miler last weekend (up through Ely, Bury St Edmunds and Haverhill). I managed to pace this quite well and wasn't exactly fresh when I got back but felt better than I did the week before!

Finally this weekend I did back to back 50 milers and I'm sore but happy as I write this! It's not long since I cycled 50 miles for the first time, so doing back to back 50s is quite an achievement :o)

Also delighted to say that sponsorship has now gone through the £1500 mark. Next stop, two grand!

I have an enforced rest week this week as I am travelling but this might not be such a bad thing, with a 100 miler planned for next weekend...

Nigel's Training Lore #9.
A training program is a guide not a rulebook. Enforced rest and 'listening to your body' will help to give your body the rest it needs. But at the same time don't use that as an excuse!

No comments: