Saturday 13 February 2010

A landmark!

In the grand scheme of things, it's only just over half the distance of the furthest ride we'll be doing on C2P. Today however, was somewhat of a landmark in that I did 50 miles for the first time. Actually, I had to divert because a road was closed, so it was more like 57 miles. Quite a nice route in rural Essex, Dunmow, Hatfield Heath, back up through Harlow and Stortford before a diversion around Stansted and on home. My legs feel pretty shot, but it has been a great week's training, with around 110 miles covered.


I set off today in cold but dry and bright conditions, experienced sleet and came back under grey skies. Overall the weather wasn't as bad as it has been - perhaps nicer weather is just around the corner..?


Nigel's Training Lore #5.
Not all gels and bars are born the same.Try them in training so you don't find out you don't like them/they don't agree with you during your real event!

[I tried a new brand today and suffice to say they were horrible! I'll be sticking to the ones I know in future!]

1 comment:

Doo said...

Well done Nige!