Wednesday 17 February 2010

First Commercial Sponsor!!

I have my first commercial sponsor! I spent the weekend writing letters to local companies explaining what I was doing and asking for sponsorship. I was reasonably selective about the companies I approached. I wanted to at least have heard of them, and ideally to have used their services in the past, the more the better really as I think it's important that this isn't just take take take. So, imagine my delight when the first company to respond was the best curry house in Saffron Walden, The Mogul! I frequent this reasonably regularly either for takeaways or nights out with the boys (good evening to CT United FC and the BBCC!!) and they already do a lot for local charity and local sports teams so it's great that they were happy to support me. They have also suggested I go back with a bucket on a Friday night to collect donations from the customers.

Many thanks to all at The Mogul, and I'll see you with CT United on Friday week!

No comments: