Sunday 31 January 2010

An icy slog

My heart sank when I awoke to snow again yesterday. Snow + ice + Nigel on a bike = another crash! But not today, thankfully. After my last two crashes, today was the first time I didn't fancy it. It was cold, icy and I had 45 miles to get through!

As it turned out, it was a great ride. A little tentative in places where it was still icy, but a nice route around Essex, through Cambridge city and back out into rural Suffolk and Essex. With the slight wrong turning it came out at 46 miles, and took 3 hrs. I also managed to finish feeling much better than I did last week, with a combination of a couple of gels and a bar bringing me home. Feeling tired now, but hey, I just rode 46 miles! Each new distance is the furthest I ever cycled now, with 50 miles the target in a couple of weeks...

No comments: